UPDATED June 11, 2020
Hello everyone. As you all know the COVID-19 pandemic is taking a toll so many people, all across the world. The safety and well being of my patients, Cambridge, Ontario community, and our families are my primary concern at this time. This page will keep you updated on how Urban Soul Osteopathy is adapting to the ongoing situation.
Urban Soul Osteopathy Will Reopen 6.15.20
Urban Soul Osteopathy is opening on a limited basis on June 15, 2020; however the Covid-19 virus will still be a threat to the health of everyone. I am committed to take all necessary precautions to limit the possibility our patients and staff could contract this virus while receiving treatment.
Changes Related to Covid-19
The following changes will made, until further notice:
- Patients’ appointments will be spaced out appropriately to limit patient-to-patient interaction and allow the treatment room and waiting area to be disinfected between appointments. Treatments will be scheduled with fifteen (15) minutes between appointments.
- Patient’s will be asked NOT to arrive early for their appointment. If you arrive early, please remain outside or in your car until within five (5) minutes of your scheduled appointment time.
- Family members or friends should not join you for your appointment unless the patient is a child (requires the presence of a parent or guardian) or unless that patient is handicap and requires assistance for mobility, communication, or interpretation.
- The treatment room and waiting area will be thoroughly disinfected between every scheduled appointment, and at the end of each working day.
- Signage will be displayed to encourage social distancing (where possible), acknowledging the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, and explaining how to properly wear and dispose of personal protective equipment.
- Practitioners will be wearing masks at all times, gloves when possible, and practicing good hand hygiene at all times.
- All patients must comply with the following prior to receiving treatment:
- Consent to a pre-screening questionnaire for COVID-19
- Have their temperature checked using an infrared forehead thermometer
- Practice hand hygiene upon entering the premises of Urban Soul Osteopathy
- Wear a mask at all times when within the premises of Urban Soul Osteopathy (you are encouraged to bring your own mask, but will be provided one if you do not have one)
Please understand that while these changes may be inconvenient, they must be followed in order to protect everyone from possible infection. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these uncertain times.
Changes unrelated to COVID-19
Due to the office’s mandatory closure, I had extra time to update the health history forms and revise office Policies and Procedures. New patients will be asked to fill out these new forms prior to receiving treatment.
Existing patients will be asked to sign an updated Policies and Procedures form. A copy will be provided if you wish to read and understand it more thoroughly.
Urban Soul Osteopathy’s Scheduling/ Rescheduling Policy
According to Ontario Health guidelines for reopening, Urban Soul Osteopathy is required prioritize patients whose health conditions are more urgent or emergent.
Therefore, I will be calling patients to schedule in the following order.
- Patients with more urgent or emergent health care needs
- Patients who had to cancel appointments due to Covid-19 office closure, in the order that those appointments were cancelled
- Patients who did not have scheduled appointments, but had previously received treatment at Urban Soul Osteopathy
- Those who inquired about Osteopathic Treatment and would be considered new patients
I will adhere to these guideline in order to provide a fair scheduling process for everyone. Thank you for your understanding.
Asking Everyone to Advocate for Osteopathy
May 30, 2020
As Ontario continues to reopen businesses, it remains unclear as to when Urban Soul Osteopathy will be allowed to resume service.
Other hands-on healthcare services, such as massage therapy, chiropractors, and physiotherapist have been informed of when they may resume. The Ontario government does not currently have a regulatory body for Manual Osteopathic Practitioners, yet our services are equally as beneficial and safe as those previously mentioned. Because we do not have government representation, it is possible that we may be left out of Ontario’s ‘phase 2’ plans for reopening.
I am asking anyone that would like to support myself or any other Osteopathic Practitioner to email your local MPP. Inform them of the important work we do, and ask them to include us in their reopening plans. We want nothing more than to return to our offices and help YOU better your health and quality of life.
If you wish to help advocate for Osteopathy, but are unsure of your local MPP, you can search by postal code through the Find my MPP web application.
Thank you in advance to anyone who helps our cause!
Osteopathy Not Included In Ontario’s Phase 1 Plan
May 14, 2020
Unfortunately, osteopathy and other modalities of manual treatment have NOT been included in phase one of Ontario’s re-opening strategy. This means, Urban Soul Osteopathy must remain closed until further notice.
In the meantime, I am collecting as much relevant information and personal protective equipment (PPE) as possible. Also, I am updating office policies, procedures, etc. surrounding COVID-19 in order to assure Urban Soul Osteopathy can provide safe, manual treatment upon reopening.
As always, I urge you to stay safe, healthy, and to check back for more relevant information.
USO Remains Closed, Deemed Non-Essential
March 23, 2020
Urban Soul Osteopathy will remain closed until further notice.
The health and safety of my patients, their families, and the community are at the upmost importance and osteopathy is often a reliable resource for those with various health issues.
However, in today’s landscape, osteopathic treatment is not considered an essential healthcare service. As everyone knows by now, non-essential businesses must remain closed until further notice.
I am currently forming a list of patients whose appointments have been canceled so that they can be notified when the office is open once again. If your are interested in Osteopathic Treatment and would like to be added to this list, you are welcome to contact me via phone or email.
I encourage everyone to listen to the recommendations of the ministry of health and do your part to combat the spread of this deadly virus.
Urban Soul Osteopathy Closing Due to COVID-19
March 22, 2020
In order to help protect myself, my patients, their families, and the community against the rapid spread of the COVID-19 virus, Urban Soul Osteopathy will be closed the week of March 23rd.
I was hoping to remain open throughout this crisis for those who need and desire Osteopathic Treatment. However, as the virus continues to spread, it has become increasingly difficult to properly screen each patient.
I wish I could trust that those who may have been exposed would remain home. Unfortunately, there is always the chance that someone lies to me, and themselves, about the chance of possible exposure during the screening process. This is a chance that I cannot take out of respect to those who depend on my services.
Urban Soul Osteopathy will evaluate the ongoing situation on a weekly basis to determine an appropriate time to reopen. Anyone scheduled for this coming week has already been contacted to either reschedule be placed on a call list.
If you are interested in receiving Osteopathic Treatment, I encourage you to email email@example.com. You will be added to my call/ email list and contacted when normal operating hours resume. You can also send a direct message, I will be checking these resources regularly during the time off.